Friday, June 10, 2011

Made it here safely!

Arrived in Uganda around 10pm last night, and made it to the student housing I'm staying in at the Univeristy by 11:30pm. Managed to get some sleep last night, had a lovely cold shower this morning, and now I'm borrowing some internet from the hospital while waiting to get settled here.

Shalina (the other med student from UW here) is working a shift at the hospital this morning but promises to take me out afterwards to get a phone, exchange money, find food, and maybe figure out internet for our rural site before we head there Monday or Tuesday.

We have the weekend off so who knows what I may be doing! Hopefully not being sick or sleepy :)

3 comments:

StaryLos said...

I am so envious. Glad you made it safely. Ah yes, cold showers in the tropics - I remember them well! Say, could you get me a small denomination bill from there (and any other country you visit)? They would be a great addition to my collection! Take good care, Uncle Steve

Maren said...

Will do! I'll find you a pretty one :)

Tim said...

Relieved you made it there safely--we were a little worried after the last-minute re-route through Rwanda! Hope your internet connection is good enough out in Kiboga to keep us up-to-date.

Love you (and miss you already),
Mom & Dad
P.S. High of 64F in Everett today!