Friday, July 29, 2011

Goodbye Kiboga!!

We were very sad to leave Kiboga and all our friends at the hospital this morning and head back to Kampala, where I am now. We took lots of pictures and forced everyone to hug us goodbye, even though it's not a Ugandan custom. We Americans like to hug!


I will be working at Mulago, the national hospital and the teaching school for the medical school, but not yet! Need some more vacay time first!

We head out early tomorrow morning to go to Jinja, the source of the Nile River, where we're going on a white water rafting trip down the Nile (up the Nile? the Nile is so backwards). I'm sure I will get soaked and burnt to a crisp, but I'm suuuuper excited!

We're spending the night in Jinja and then heading east to Sipi Falls, where we'll stay two nights before heading back to Kampala on Tuesday. Sipi is supposed to be ridiculously gorgeous (which must be impressive because almost everywhere we've been in Uganda is gorgeous), and we're going to attempt an all day hike on Monday. Shalina and I are still recovering from our Bunyonyi injuries--I think I now have the hip of a 65yr old woman--but we're pumped to be doing summery things!

We're not taking our computers so I'll be incommunicado til Tuesday night. Happy Birthday to all the birthdays I'm missing in the states!!

1 comment:

The Other Miss Beth said...

Check your email if this catches you in time. Have fun. Mama